Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Falling for Florida

I was never a fan of our farthest southeast state...while it holds fantastic beaches and sunny weather, I just couldn't handle the humidity nor the tourist traps.  But these days, I can't seem to get enough of it!

Just after we rang in the New Year, I flew from Washington National (DCA) to Southwest Florida International (RSW) located in Fort Myers.  It is by far one of the easiest and most hassle-free airports around, so traveling to anywhere within a one-hour radius of its terminals is almost a joy!

My association held a meeting at the South-Beach-meets-Hilton-styled Naples Grande Beach Resort.  Boasting a very hip lobby and luxurious spa, the resort was a huge climate relief for our attendees who travel from states such as Wyoming, Utah, and Oregon.


Jason met me there and we then headed to the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort.  As previously mentioned, 2011 is going to be a good year.  So good, we've decided to be married in it!   And the location?  You guessed it - Marco Island.  During our wonderful mini-vacation/planning-session, we decided on an October wedding.  The resort is amazing - a perfect blend of service mixed with casual atmosphere.  I've been coming here on business since 2006 and can't wait for our family and friends to experience it.


And at the end of the month, I'm off again to Miami to explore half-a-dozen hotels in the area for an upcoming meeting.  So, it's official... FL, I'm totally smitten with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment