Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eat Pray Travel


As I sit here watching the snow fall outside my window, exhausted from having shoveled alone twice already (Jason always manages to be out-of-town when these storms happen!) and baking my delicious DiGiorno pizza, I have decided to forgo tonight's Idol episode for something that can take me away to a much warmer place.


Eat Pray Love, the film based on the best-selling novel, follows Liz Gilbert, a woman at a crossroads, on her quest for self-discovery.  Played by Julia Roberts, she journeys through Italy, India and Bali - all warm (both in climate and culture), all amazing (one I can attest to, the others I'll have to take her word for!).

While I simply adore my suburban, twenty-something, engaged-to-be-married life, a tiny little part of me wishes that I could follow in Liz/Julia's footsteps, leaving everything behind to travel the world in search of divine transcendence.  Oh well, for now the divine sofa will have to do.  Here's to Eating (pizza), Praying (the snow will stop) and Loving (to travel even if it's just within the borders of my own country!).

No comments:

Post a Comment