Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tire Tracks vol.1

Welcome to the first edition of a little thing I've dubbed "Tire Tracks."  Jason and I have now spent many holidays and long-weekends driving down 95-South to visit our parents in the Carolinas.  And we've determined that no road trip is complete without a soundtrack to pair it with.  Tunes can be hits of the moment or ditties that put you in the destination mood, whatever you need to get through 5+ hours or have something to stretch (dance) your legs to at the rest stop!



For this Thanksgiving holiday, I've chosen some hot new songs and a few to prepare us for the approaching season of yuletide!  Care to sing-a-long during your Turkey-day affairs?

Innocent, Taylor Swift - While I swoon for Back to December and wonder for whom it might be written, this ode-to-Kayne makes me embrace our almost thirties.

Firework, Katy Perry - I know, I know, she's maybe a little too gooey, but I love all things pretty in the sky and that resemble twinkle lights.  This anthem for self-confidence sparks (get it?) lots of belt-out opportunities.

Monster, Kanye West, Jay-Z & Crew - Guilty pleasure to rap and act like a bada**.  Oh, and Jason is obsessed with it.

Last Christmas, Cast of Glee - If you haven't already, this album must be purchased for your holiday collection.  And their rendition is almost as fabulously-cheesy as the show itself.

White Christmas, The Drifters - My favorite holiday song, sung in my favorite way (in front of the bathroom mirror), in my favorite Thanksgiving-night movie, to bring on my favorite season!

2 comments:

  1. You know I like a good road trip! And I LOVE a good soundtrack! I'm adding these tunes to my iTunes now. We may not have a 5-hour drive tomorrow, but I'll take anything to spice up the 100-mile trip down to Charlottesville.

    Happy Thanksgiving to my favorite duo! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesy as it may be, nothing gets me into the holiday season like the volume turned way up on Feliz Navidad. Try it! xo j

    ReplyDelete