Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tire Tracks vol. 2

Jason and I are headed down the I95-S stretch for yet another Christmas!  And this time we are channeling our inner-Griswolds as we sing along to Roadtrip Soundtrack compiled of my all-time favorite holiday songs.  Here are the top 10 and why I love them so...


1. The Christmas Song, Nat King Cole - The staple song for the beginning of any good Christmas CD, those first three bars can put anyone in the festive mood.

2. Baby It's Cold Outside, Rosemary Clooney & Johnny Mercer - While Elf the movie made me fall in love with this tune, I'm partial to the classic - makes me want to be somewhere in a snowbound cabin.

3. Christmastime is Here, Vince Guaraldi Trio (Peanuts Gang) - "I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."  Makes my heart melt everytime.

4. O Holy Night, Celine Dion - Although I'm not a huge Celine fan, no one can belt like her and I am a sucker for the crescendoing chorus in the background.

5. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, Bruce Springsteen - I so wish I was in the audience at this concert, rockin' out with the Boss and his E Street Band.  If anyone can bring the Man in Red to town, it's Bruce.

6. Silent Night, Boyz II Men - Christmas Interpretations was the first holiday album I actually purchased, rather than listening to my parents'.  Their acapella harmonies give me goosebumps.

7. All I Want for Christmas, Mariah Carey - And this was the second holiday album I purchased.  But it wasn't until Love Actually existed that I deemed this my absolute, most favorite sing-along Christmas tune. 
 
8. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Brenda Lee - Not only does it always remind me of Home Alone, but it brings me back to dancing around the family room with Dad while Mom decorated the tree.
 
9. Christmas Lights, Coldplay - Not really part of the top ten yet, but Jason and I love us some Coldplay and putting them together with my favorite Christmas decor (twinkle lights), how could I not include it?
 
10. Can you guess?

Wishing you a very, merry Christmas surrounded by family and friends.  Travel safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment